The Lou Fusz Soccer Club was founded in 1992 when Lou Fusz Jr. tasked former professional soccer player and coach, Don Popovic, to form the first soccer team. Lou, a prominent St. Louis businessman and architect of the widely recognized Lou Fusz Automotive Network Family, acquired a passion for soccer through his children. Lou has always been active in sports and envisioned that the soccer club would be a way he could give back to the community. The Lou Fusz Soccer Club gives young people the opportunity to develop the required skills to compete at the high school, collegiate or professional level. Lou’s hope is that the players would have somewhere to grow & learn their soccer skills while becoming well-rounded individuals. In 2014, the club was taken over by Peter Fusz, the son of Lou Fusz Jr. and was a member of the first team in 1992. He rejoined the club in assisting Don and his father on the daily operations of the automotive business and soccer club with the assistance of his brothers Randy, Patrick, and Lou, who have all been part of the Lou Fusz Soccer Club tradition.
“By 2020, Lou Fusz Sports will have positively influenced every family in St. Louis.” To reach this ambitious goal, the Club has broadened its horizons with the announcement Lou Fusz Athletic. This organization will be the parent for the various clubs. Lou Fusz Soccer club is company’s largest organization and Lou Fusz Athletic announced a new club: the Lou Fusz Lacrosse Club with help from its’ new director Todd Dillon. Continuing towards this goal, 2017 brought the announcement of the new training facility, Rams Park—former training facility of the St. Louis Rams. Our new facility will allow kids of the St. Louis area to develop their skills in a world class facility. Striving for excellent management and further development of the club, Dan Gargan was invited to provide professional insight. As a former professional player of many major soccer teams, he is excited “to give back, and service the future generations that love this game in particular, and sports in general.”
- 1992 – Club started by Lou Fusz Jr. and Don Popovic
- 1997 – Chris Stocker, a member of the National Amateur Cup Championship in 1978-79, joined as an assistant to Don Popovic.
- 1997 – Purchase of Aubuchon Fields allowing the Lou Fusz Soccer Club to have its own home
- 1999-2000 – U13 Boys team wins first Region II Championship in the USYSA National Championship
- 2002 – Mark Santel, former professional player, becomes Director of Girl’s Program
- 2007 – Purchase of Creve Couer location, named Lou Fusz Soccer Complex, provides 2 additional grass fields
- 2010 – Recreation play and soccer camps begin under direction of Marty Pike
- 2011 – Lou Fusz Soccer Complex builds first two turf fields and field lighting
- 2014 – Two additional turf fields added
- 2015 – Final 4 turf fields added for a total of 8 state of the art synthetic grass fields
- 2016 – Dave Geerling leads U17 team to a US Youth Soccer National League Championship Win in Denver, CO
- 2016 – Former Major League Soccer star Dan Gargan joins the Lou Fusz Soccer Club as General Manager
- 2017 – Lou Fusz announces the acquisition of Rams Park, former home to the St. Louis Rams
- 2017 – Lou Fusz Soccer Club 25th Anniversary